It’s East West Roofing’s Policy to ensure that all our activities and processes are performed in a systematic manner and that does not put at risk the health and safety of employees, contractors, labour hire workers, trainees, apprentices, visitors, suppliers, customers and or the general public.
To achieve our Policy objectives the East West Management team commits to:
- Compliance with applicable laws, regulations, standards, codes of practice and requirements to which East West Roofing subscribes
- Consulting with workers about health and safety matters and give workers the opportunity to express their views and be involved in decision making about those matters.
- Consulting, cooperating and coordinating activities with other persons conducting business or undertaking, persons in control of the workplace or plant, designers, manufacturers, suppliers, importers and installers of plant or structures and other persons at the workplace in relation to health and safety matters.
- Providing appropriate health and safety advice, information, education and training to our workers, contractors, labour hire workers and visitors
- Minimising risk to health and safety by implementing risk management processes consistent with the level of risk exposure • Meeting requirements of AS/NZS 4801 OHS Management Systems – Specification with guidance for use
- Monitoring and regularly reviewing East West Roofing’s Health and Safety Management System to ensure that it complies with prescribed and subscribed requirements
- Providing processes for all levels of management to be held accountable for health and safety matters within their responsibility whilst at the same time recognising that each worker has a duty to take responsible care that their acts do not adversely affect the health and safety of themselves or others
- Establishing measurable objectives and targets to regularly evaluate East West Roofing’s Health and Safety Management Systems Effectiveness
- Taking steps to make sure that the Health and Safety Management System is effectively implemented in accordance with this work health and safety policy, and
- Undertaking continuous improvement activity through rigorous monitoring processes and strategic review.
Providing a safe work environment is fundamental to East West Roofing’s beliefs and our behaviour as a first class corporate citizen.